CANNT 2021 Virtual Conference Abstract Submissions
CANNT-ACITN invites you to join us for the 2021 Virtual Conference, October 19-December 2, 2021. Presentations will take place every Tuesday and Thursday from 2:30 – 3:30 p.m. ET and 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. ET.
ORAL PRESENTATIONS will be 30-minute time slots (includes Q&A).
POSTER PRESENTATIONS will be posted online in Virtual Poster format. Virtual Poster Presentations online will include a pdf of your full poster and a pre-recorded presentation of your abstract, approximately 3-4 minutes long.
Topics of interest may include but are not limited to:
- COVID-19 in Nephrology
- Clinical Research
- Innovative Projects and Solutions
- Ethics and Elderly Care
- Case Presentations and Clinical Reviews
- Mental Health and CKD
- Cardiovascular Disease and CKD
- Future Directions of CKD and Treatment
- Pregnancy with Renal Disease
- Medical Assistance in Dying
- Technical Advances in Dialysis Equipment
- Home Therapies.
All abstract submissions must be evidence-based.
All abstracts must be submitted online using the online submission form as well as uploaded as a Word Doc. attachment at the end of the submission form in the outlined format.
Abstracts should be no longer than 250 words (no pictures) and should include:
1) Abstract Title
- must accurately reflect the content of the presentation
- must be formatted in sentence case (capitalize first word and remaining words begin in lower case)
2) Authors and Affiliations
- must be included under the title and formatted as follows:
Anne L. Smitha, Robert G. Jonesa,b.
aDepartment of Nephrology, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON; bDepartment of Nephrology, University of Alberta Hospital, Edmonton, AB.
Underline the name and initials of the presenter.
3) Abstract Text
- should be no longer than 250 words
- should be as informative as possible
- define all abbreviations the first time they appear in the abstract
- use only the generic names of drugs
- do not identify companies and/or products in the body or title of the abstract
If research-based, must include below headings:
- purpose of study
- implications for nephrology care
If practice/education-based, must include below headings:
- purpose of the project
- implications for nephrology practice/education
Only COMPLETE submissions received by MAY 31 2021 will be considered.
- All correspondence will be with the first author only.
- Acceptance of abstract does not waive attendance fees (registration).
- Notification regarding selection decisions will be provided by July 5, 2021.
- Should the abstract be selected for presentation, the author(s) authorize(s) the publication of the abstract submitted for publication in the CANNT-ACITN Journal.
- The presentation shall not make comparison to companies or products for any purposes of product marketing, nor will topics or materials used discredit companies or products.
- The abstract, and associated authors, should make full disclosure of corporate employment and/or funding sources.
- Abstracts not in the required format will be returned to the author for revision.
- The language of abstract submission will be the language of presentation, if selected.