Terms of Reference
1. The Grant shall be presented to a member conducting a research project in the advancement of nephrology practice.
2. All award winners must be members in good standing at the time of nomination and prize reception. Multiple applications can be placed however each member will only be awarded one award per year.
3. Candidates will submit an application to the Awards Committee through the Head Office of the Association. The deadline for applications is May 1st each year. Candidates will submit with their application:
- A brief synopsis (500 words or less) answering the following:
- Goals and objectives of the study
- Methodology used
- Description of the potential benefits of the study to the practice of nephrology nursing, technology or patient care
- Describe the projected timeline
- Resumé or CV
- Detailed Budget
- Digital photo
- Short Biography
4. The Grant shall usually be presented annually, but if in the opinion of the Awards Committee, no suitable candidate is available, the bursary shall not be awarded.
5. Recipients of the Grant shall receive a maximum of $3000. This award is subject to available funds. Award amounts may be reduced, or may not be funded in any given year, at the discretion of the Association.
6. The Awards Committee shall choose the recipient of the Grant.
7. The Awards Committee shall report its choice to the Administrator by July 31st in the year for which the award is made.
8. The President of the Association will notify recipient not later than July 31st in the year in which the bursary is made.
9. The recipient is not required to give an address or paper, but the award will be announced, and the awardee recognized at the Annual Meeting of the Association.
10. The amendment of the Terms of Reference is the responsibility of the Association. The terms of reference should be reviewed every five years.